The "more info" section in the "Get Info" column

Reaction score
I tried looking this online with no luck and asking other mac users and stumping them :/

Basically what I'm looking for is when you go through finder and click on a file (in this case a music file) and click to get more info. The filename/extension is correct however the 'more info' section has a different name/information/symbols/characters. So when I bring that file into itunes, the name isn't the actual filename/extension that I provided but what is under the "more info" section.

So what I'm wanting to know, is there a way to edit the "more info" section in the get info column?

I provided caps!

What I want to show up on itunes when imported;
Xr9hI.png

What actually ends up showing instead;
5qK9r.png

thanks!

C

chas_m

No, you can't edit it from there.

That additional info comes from the tags you've embedded in the file, so you'll need something like Tagr (donationware) to edit them (or you can just do this in iTunes of course).

OP
Reaction score
No, you can't edit it from there.

That additional info comes from the tags you've embedded in the file, so you'll need something like Tagr (donationware) to edit them (or you can just do this in iTunes of course).

cool, thanks I'll give that a shot :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.