What's up with Opera?

Reaction score
I downloaded Opera (the last version for MAC, 10.6 if I'm not mistaken). Simply wanted to compare it with a previous version I had installed and removed a couple of years back. The only way I can open Opera is by clicking on the icon app in the Install Folder, the one in the left margin of the Finder Window, and that we usually eject after dragging the app in the Applications Folder. When I tried to start Opera from the Applications Folder (after ejecting the Install), it seems to open, and then nothing! Never do I see a bouncing icon. Just curious, has anybody experienced this before?

Thks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Haven't experienced that here - Opera is usually rock solid (unless I'm trying a beta build). If it does in fact open and you notice that the Opera menu has loaded, try opening a new window (File > New Window or Command-N).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.