Resize image with iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
Is it possible to change the resolution in pixels of a photo using iPhoto?
And if so, how?
TIA

C

chas_m

I swear I've answered this one before ...

But seriously, please use the search function next time. This has been asked and answered several times over.

iPhoto does not do any actual resizing of photos within itself. You have some limited ability to resize pictures when you try to email them or export them, but that's it.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
Sorry. I can never get the search function to work when I'm on m- f on the iPhone. Thanks for the answer. Any free program you can recommend for resizing?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I'll check it out.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
You can resize photos with Preview, which is of course "free".

Save the photo to your desktop or other folder, open it in Preview and from there it is pretty straight forward. (I would give detailed steps but I am at work and do not have a Mac available.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You can resize photos with Preview, which is of course "free".

Save the photo to your desktop or other folder, open it in Preview and from there it is pretty straight forward. (I would give detailed steps but I am at work and do not have a Mac available.)

And there you have it ... Im amazed at the way people dont know what GREAT FREE Apps the Mac OS has in it. We have some of the best Apps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Yes preview has it. I just used to it make my avatar for this site :) Its very smart at resizing and will automatically adjust the picture accordingly if you only change 1 side!

C

chas_m

ReSize Me is, for the purposes mentioned here, way better than Preview -- and just as free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.