problems with Firefox

Reaction score
Does anyone know what to do if the "Options" choice has disappeared under the "Tools" menu in Firefox? I am not sure what has happened but I have cleared history, restarted the MacBook, etc. I just don't know what happened to it.
Thanks.:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What 'Options' are you looking for as these have not appeared under Tools in version 3.6.x?

To clear history go into Firefox Preferences > Privacy and clear there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Firefox 3.6.8 here, which has been glitchy since 3.5.9, but anyway.... this is what I have under Tools. I don't recall there being an "options" choice.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I guess I got confused. Perhaps there used to be an "options" menu under "Tools" but yes, now I have 3.6.8 version of Firefox. I was fooling around with it because I was having trouble with some of my downloads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
The options selection under the Tools menu is in the Windows version of Firefox. On the Mac version you have to go under the Firefox menu and select preferences to get the same thing.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There is no options under tools nor has there ever been to the best of my knowledge on OS X. The preferences dialog is found at Firefox > Preferences. The menu arrangement in Firefox is different across OSes despite the fact that it is the same application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.