macbook stuck at white screen with bar

Reaction score
when i turn on my macbook it goes to this screen, then the bar dissappears after it fillsto that length and the circle keeps on spinning. I left if loading for a few hours and still won't start. does anyone know what the bar means? and how to save my mac?

thank you

kIbbL.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to do some basic trouble shooting: Please see the following LINK. If you need further assistance, post back to this same thread and be sure to provide information about your machine and version of OS X you're running. Also tell us what you've done so far to try to resolve the problem.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have a macbook, not the newest one but the one before, running snow leopard. I upgraded the hard drive to a Seagate one because the first one died.

I've tried doing the command/option/p/r combo but nothing changed.

Thanks again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you follow the trouble shooting steps in the link that I provided you? Specifically, did you try booting with your install DVD?

And, was the machine working OK before you swapped out the hard drive?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
In that list I would put #5 after 6-12 and run the combo updater somewhere in there too.
[/2¢]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.