Disk Image question

Reaction score
I installed Google Chrome and every time I restart and click on the Chrome icon in my dock, there appears a disk image on my desktop which opens a window with the application icon and arrow pointing to my applications folder. My question is how to avoid this so that i don't have to always have the Google Chrome disk image on my desktop. Thanks guys :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you have downloaded a disk image containing the chrome app

Drag the chrome icon out of the dock. FRom the mounted disk image, drag the Chrome program to your applications folder, then add chrome to your dock from the icon in Applications.

You basically didn't put Chrome in Applications, but added to the dock straight from the disk image, causing the disk image to mount every time you launched it, since the original was on the image, rather than in your apps folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As per the above, you have just learnt how to install apps that don't come with their own installers.
So any 3rd party app, that doesn't have an installer (which is most), you will go through the process of double clicking on the disk image to mount it, and then drag the app to the applications folder, and then sending the disk image/mounted disk image to the trash to eject and delete.
If you want the shortcut for an app in the dock, drag it from the applications folder to the dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.