Rearranging icons within iPod app

Reaction score
Hey all I have been a member here for a little while and recently upgraded from an iPhone 3g to an iPhone 4. The 3g was only an 8 gb one so I didn't have a lot of crap on it. I decided to take a look at podcasts today and found a couple that looked entertaining (Joe Rogan's and Adam Carolla's.) The only thing I'm struggling with figuring out is how to make it so when I have the iPod app open on my phone that I have Podcasts on the row of five icons at the bottom of the screen. I would like to be able to access the podcasts without hitting the more button and then picking it out of the list on the next screen. What I would really like to do is to remove the "Songs" button and replace it with one for the podcasts. Is there any way to do this? I tried hitting the edit button and dragging the buttons around like you would on the home screens with apps but that doesn't seem to work.

I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this matter, I'm betting I'm just doing something minor wrong and that it's possible to do what I'm trying to do.

OP
L
Reaction score
Hey all I have been a member here for a little while and recently upgraded from an iPhone 3g to an iPhone 4. The 3g was only an 8 gb one so I didn't have a lot of crap on it. I decided to take a look at podcasts today and found a couple that looked entertaining (Joe Rogan's and Adam Carolla's.) The only thing I'm struggling with figuring out is how to make it so when I have the iPod app open on my phone that I have Podcasts on the row of five icons at the bottom of the screen. I would like to be able to access the podcasts without hitting the more button and then picking it out of the list on the next screen. What I would really like to do is to remove the "Songs" button and replace it with one for the podcasts. Is there any way to do this? I tried hitting the edit button and dragging the buttons around like you would on the home screens with apps but that doesn't seem to work.

I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this matter, I'm betting I'm just doing something minor wrong and that it's possible to do what I'm trying to do.

Nevermind, I'm a dumbass, all I had to do was grab the icon from the list of available icons and drag it to the taskbar thing on the bottom of the screen.....super easy, friend of mine at work suggested it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Well, thanks for posting the answer for the next person that searches for this too. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.