How do I create a Bluetooth PAN?

Reaction score
:p
My Airport Base Station stopped working so my iMac G5 OSX 10.5.8 is now connected to ATT DSL via Ethernet. Now I need to be able to connect our iPhones and my husbands MacBook Pro running 10.6 via Bluetooth, but when I go into System Preferences and click Bluetooth PAN, I don't know what to do with; 1. Should Location be "Automatic" 2. Status: is Cable UnpluggedThe cable for Bluetooth PAN is not plugged in. (What cable? What would Bluetooth need with a cable?) 3.Configure: My connection is DHCP (is that ok?) 4.IP Address: is blank (What should it be?) 5. Subnet Mask: (Should be?) 6. Router: (Should be?) 7. DNS Server: (Should be?) 8. Search Domains: (Should be?)
I'm stumpted, I used the bluetooth assistant to simply try to connect my iPhone to my iMac and they both kept coming up with the same passcode #'s but failed to connect over and over. As for the larger Bluetooth PAN idea somebody told me to turn internet sharing on, but when I try I get a warning that doing so could interfere with my ISP and then doesn't even give me the option (it grays out) So is it even possible to share my DSL with my iPhones and my husbands laptop with a bluetooth PAN, or with anything else?

OP
A
Reaction score
Just found out...
Apple and AT&T have blocked the possibility of connecting our iPhones to Our iMacs or any other Mac, because I guess there are things we would be able to do with them that would cut into their company merchandise. I don't know what they are because I don't think like that but The Apple tech support guy said something about iTunes merchandise being shared. So that *****.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.