• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I just got a graphics job and I have to use a PC at work!!@#

A

adamxj2

MAn I spent all this time learning a mac inside and out and
now I am messing around on this PC
I just am frustrated I could be so much more productive if I was working on my G5
ANy suggestions or advice

OP
T

Tel

Bring a 17" powerbook to work, when they tell you why you have to use the PC, show them exatly how your productivity is increased with the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
whats the specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
adamxj2 said:

MAn I spent all this time learning a mac inside and out and
now I am messing around on this PC
I just am frustrated I could be so much more productive if I was working on my G5
ANy suggestions or advice

Poor U... Well at least U can still use your G5 at home :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Tel said:
Bring a 17" powerbook to work, when they tell you why you have to use the PC, show them exatly how your productivity is increased with the Mac.
I like that idea. (Well, any PowerBook, or even an iBook if you get desperate.) Don't like what they give you? Provide your own. They'll notice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I like the powerbook idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I like the Powerbook idea... but be careful... Company policies can be tricky... And manager egos can be even worse. I would stick with using their gear until you have at least been there awhile and have a better idea how they will respond. Productivity is good.... but not worth damaging your relationship with your supervisors. Besides, I did graphic design on PC for years... it's really not that bad... just not the preferred method.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.