Macbook piece fel off..... help please

Reaction score
Okay, a side piece of my macbook fell off. A little longer than a fingernail. And pretty thin... i am still covered under my 1 year warranty. \

Can i send this in to Apple? or will they say no because im the one who broke it?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well.....

...you do seem to admit that you broke it, so to be 100% honest this really wouldn't be something Apple should be responsible for.

But...the plastic/polycarbonate housings on the MacBook's have been known to have cracking & breaking issues...so depending on how it got broken, such as:

- got ridden over by a car
- dropped from a 2nd or 3rd floor window
- dog chewed on it
- you stepped on it
- etc.

...you may have a valid reason to check with Apple to see if they will fix it under warranty.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
ItzzJake
Reaction score
Well.....

...you do seem to admit that you broke it, so to be 100% honest this really wouldn't be something Apple should be responsible for.

But...the plastic/polycarbonate housings on the MacBook's have been known to have cracking & breaking issues...so depending on how it got broken, such as:

- got ridden over by a car
- dropped from a 2nd or 3rd floor window
- dog chewed on it
- you stepped on it
- etc.

...you may have a valid reason to check with Apple to see if they will fix it under warranty.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Actually, my brother broke it :Angry:

Thank you for this information...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Actually, my brother broke it :Angry:

Well I'm sure you understand that it doesn't matter who broke it:

- you
- your brother
- your mom
- your dad
- your grandparents
- or your 3rd cousin twice removed;)

...some human being broke it...and technically this is not supposed to be covered under the warranty.

But like I mentioned. Because the "plastic" Macbook's were prone to cracking...maybe (depending on the way your Macbook got broken/cracked)...this might not have happened if the Macbook wasn't prone to breaking/cracking in the first place.

Check with Apple & see what they say...

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.