Windows seven on snow leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 imac 24"display(upgraded to 4 gigs memory
Im considering installing windows seven on my late 2007 imac (snow leopard)(intel).....Using bootcamp for the installation.Done alot of web searches but was looking for anybody that is currently running windows 7 using bootcamp for the install.Just some feedback on any kind of problems or otherwise.Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Please read the stickies at the top of this forum, which will have everything you need to know. Also don't forget to print out and use the Apple Boot Camp instructions for the installation.

Cheers

Reaction score
I actually just did the upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard, because I wanted to partition the drive to install Windows 7 on my Macbook. It's the first time I've used Bootcamp, and I had read several times on the forum that the new update for Bootcamp that made it play nicely with Win 7 was only supposedly updated for Snow Leopard, but not Leopard, which is why I upgraded to SL first (although I'm sure there are several people successfully using Leopard, Bootcamp, and Win 7).

The partitioning and install of Win 7 went flawlessly. I made sure to set my primary bootup to be MacOSX and not Windows, as it's the one I use 95% of the time anyway, and I just hold down the Option key when I want to boot into Windows.

As the previous poster suggested, print out the guide beforehand which is available when you bring up Boot Camp Assistant. I'm a techie, but I know it really came in handy for me. Also, the hardware drivers installed easily from the SL disc, once Windows was installed.

So far, everything has worked very well. Also I've been reminded of why I like the MacOS so much better than Windows -- not that Win 7 is bad -- it isn't, but I just like the MacOS a LOT better. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 5,5
I agree with Kimber, Windows 7 is actually a very good OS, but I do favour OSX over it.

Anyway some of the known issues I have with Windows 7 on my bootcamp partition is the backlight keyboard on my MBP automatically turns on even in brightly lit rooms, and even when turned "off" it still stays lit slightly.

I've found that when I put my MBP to sleep whilst using Windows 7, upon wake the OS doesn't load up and the screen stays black. This is a temperamental fault and it could be my install of 7 but it is still troublesome non the less.

Other than that, I haven't experienced any other problems. You'll find that two-finger scrolling takes a bit of getting used to in 7 and it operates no where near as good as OS X ;).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.