MacBook Pro 13" Randomly cutting power?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 3Gs, iTouch and iClassic.
Hello

Just a moment ago, my MacBook Pro just randomly cut power despite it having a full battery charge. This is the second time in two days and I've never experienced this before. It's a full power crash, the date resets and everything.

I've only had the MacBook a year now and it seems like it may be a problem with my Magsafe Adapter. Over the past week I will plug it in but the green/orange light will not come on, it works erratically. Also the Magsafe 'block' gets extremely hot.

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks

Oliver

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing to do is try another MagSafe adapter. If your MBP is covered under Apple care, Apple will exchange it for a new one if it should prove to be defective.

Regards.

OP
MyBrokeniPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 3Gs, iTouch and iClassic.
Looks to me that it's the Magsafe adapter that's faulty. Will Apple replace this? (I'm still under AppleCare until 2012)

Thanks very much!

Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Could be the Magsafe, or maybe the DC input, etc.
Being under warranty, I would be making an appointment with the Apple Genius bar to have it checked out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.