xcode generates .h .m files in chinese

Reaction score
I've been trying to create a new subclass in interface builder. I've been able to create objects and actions, etc. But whenever I try to create the new subclass files .h .m they are not created in english.
It looks like chinese or something. It does it before or after I create an instance. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I couldn't figure out what would cause that. I thought that maybe there was a problem with XCode preferences. Specifically the 'Default File Encoding' under the Text Editing tab. My is set to 'Unicode (UTF-8)'. Playing with that did nothing on a test project.

Two possible groups to post to are Stackoverflow and Apples Cocoa-Dev discussion list. I tried search those source with no luck. So I think you're safe to post the question there.

When posting, mention some facts, like, versions of the software like OS X and Xcode, and what language your system is set to. These details can matter and even trigger a memory in someone reading your post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.