What is really the difference between Apple and Microsoft?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad, iPhone, iPod, iMac 24", MacAir, MacBook Pro 13"
This is probably a stupid question,,
The reason why I don't understand this difference is because you can install Windows in an Apple computer, and you can install MAC in a PC.

So what makes the difference between PC and Apple? Apart from design and iPhones, iPads etc?

cheers!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can't legally install OS X on any old PC.

MS is a software company that makes some hardware.
Apple is a hardware company that also makes software, primarily for use with their own hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This is probably a stupid question,,
The reason why I don't understand this difference is because you can install Windows in an Apple computer, and you can install MAC in a PC.

So what makes the difference between PC and Apple? Apart from design and iPhones, iPads etc?

cheers!

You can usually get the job done on both but I have found that for me it is
faster and easier on the Mac not to mention some of the worries I have with
the PC I don't have with the Mac.

C

chas_m

What is the difference between Earth and Mars?

They're both planets, both have water, yeah Mars is a bit colder but it could be made habitable. An no, there's no atmosphere AS SUCH on Mars, but you could wear a spacesuit. Mars is totally workable if you're willing to put up with some inconveniences and challenges -- so what's the real difference?

If you work out the answer to my questions, you'll have the answer to your question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.