Amsn VS Mercury or another messenger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Since I bought an isight, I've been using Mercury. But I want to be sure that I use the BEST messenger with it. So Do you suggest another messenger as amsn? Does amsn support webcam? Let's go with your suggestions..... (By the way, I want a messenger that I can talk to people using the microsoft server!) so no yahoo or ichat suggestions please!

Reaction score
If you're looking for a MSN for PC clone then Mercury is the way to go, it now has webcam and all those nudges so is as close to the PC version as any Mac user could stand to be :dummy:

If you want the best simple chat program then i'd go for adium. It doesn't have webcam support but it is really customisable, easy to use and integrates better with OSX (I use panther so can't comment on Tiger). I use it most of the time then switch to Mercury if i wanna webcam (but will probably do away with this when i can convince my gf to get AIM on XP for the superior video chat).

Just downlaod a options and see which you prefer

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Thanks for your suggestion mig.gentry! So 'll stay with Mercury :D
By the way hope you don't leave near London :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.