does released = announced for an ipod touch?

Reaction score
Hello,
I know that there is speculation on august and now September on the new ipod touch. And I know it is rumored. My real question is. When someone says the ipod touch may be announced in september does that still mean there is some time before it is released to consumers? For example. If it is announced what's in the ipod touch 4g the first week of september. Can you order it online that same day? The only reason I ask is because I am thinking of getting the new ipod touch 4g. BUT I am going away on a trip september 17thish. So I am just trying to figure out if I could theoretically wait to see if the 4g comes out and still get it in time (assuming it may be mid-september for a release like it seems to be every year). Getting it and putting music on it is really my worry.. because I will not be taking any electronics on this trip bsides the touch. And a camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Theoretically you could wait... and wait... and wait...

Even if you order it the day it is released, it will still have to be shipped from China like all of Apple's other products and who knows how much time that will add to the shipping time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
The iPod Touch tends to be released when it is announced, the previous generations (13th Sept '07, 9th Sept '08, 9th Sept '09). I would say that is a fairly safe bet that there will be the 4g version around that date this year.

The Touch line doesn't have a history of delays, the tend to be in stores the following day. However the issue with Apple is that you can never say for definite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.