Why won't google chrome or safari save or ask to save password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Processer, Nvidia 9400m
I mainly use google chrome, and up until recently it saved all my passwords and whenever I entered anything account wise into a website it would ask to save it, now it does neither. I have to enter my password every time instead of the fields being yellow and already filled in. Occasionally it will ask me if it wants to save a password, but that's around 1 out of 50 times and it doesn't seem to do anything. Please help me, it's really bothersome and the google chrome, and, safari preferences seem to have nothing about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Check in your Chrome preferences. I switched to 1Password to manage all my passwords, my safer imo.

OP
xammax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Processer, Nvidia 9400m
I have 1Password as well, I love it, but it only shows up in Safari, and Firefox when I used to have that.

Reaction score
well in safari it's under "preferences" and "autofill". make sure "user names and passwords" is checked. what kinds of websites are you wanting to save passwords for? a lot of secure sites are not allowing you to save passwords - like banking sites and such. i think there is a way to override that, but i'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.