Finally got a mac.....thank god....joy....

Reaction score
Ive had my macbook pro for 3 days now, and i can honestly say......I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE OTHER GUYS.....just had to tell someone. But since im new to this wonderful machine, anybody got any good tips to get the most out of my macbook? thank you.

Mac OS X
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Reaction score
go to google and put mac apps ,theres like a million apps, most of them free and do cool stuffff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
macupdate.com is a good place to find interesting applications, many of them free. There are also apps you can download and basic Mac tutorials at the Apple site which I think are a must for any new user.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would add Flip4Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
This is one my favorite wallpaper sites, High Definition Wallpapers - HD wallpapers some very cool stuff. When you download wallpapers, pull up a finder window click on Macintosh HD then select Library and finally Desktop Pictures. This is where your wallpapers go.

C

chas_m

I'm going to direct you to this post featuring my suggestions for PC switchers. You already have a big bucket of very cool software (no crapware, no adware) that came with your Mac -- learn to swim before you go jumping into the ocean, so to speak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Yes that's a great post from chas_m. I only recently read that and have forwarded it to a couple Mac switchers I know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.