wireless problems

Reaction score
I have a macbook and OS X.

Up until recently I have had no problems connecting to the internet on a wireless connection.

Now whenever I try to connect a message saying "connection timeout" appears.

Wireless works on other laptops in my house (none that are macs), but out of the 3 macs in my house none of them are currently working (all with the connection timeout message).

I am able to connect to wireless connections without a password, but don't want to be stealing my neighbors internet anymore!

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
still nothing.

any other ideas?

after reading up on this problem, it seems like it is fairly common for this to happen.

but there aren't many solutions.

really frustrating.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
still nothing.

any other ideas?

after reading up on this problem, it seems like it is fairly common for this to happen.

but there aren't many solutions.

really frustrating.

Not being able to connect to a wireless network is a very broad topic. There's a lot of variables and the symptoms don't always make it clear what the underlying problem is.

Since we can't be there, we really need you to be our eyes on ears on this one. Can you give us some specifics?

For example, what version of OS X are you running and on what model of Macs?

What kind of wireless router is it? What kind of wireless security are you using? Has anything changed from a hardware standpoint leading up to the drop in connection?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.