'Apple Peel' widget turns iPod Touch into phone ......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Turn your iPod Touch into a phone

I know there is going to be the "knockers" because 1st its not Apple and second it comes from China, but honestly if i can get my hands on one of these i would most defiantly throw a few $ there way and give it a go ....
How cool and i really been hoping someone would bring out something like this ...

WOO Bloody HOO :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Seems intriguing. However seems a little sketchy...I'm curious as to how it works, and if it's legal in the states. If so then...Apple is going to have to do some price relabeling.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yea im waiting and trying to find out more about it ...... Dont think there would be too much trouble here in Aust as we have the iPhones unlocked so to just buy another sim and putting it in a device here is so easy. Can buy sim for $1 so bring it on :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Here is the word-for-word report from Engadget:
"No one expressly said that the Apple Peel 520 would change your life, but if you play your cards right, that's not entirely out of the question. The mysterious doodad -- which wraps around your iPod touch and holds an extended battery and SIM card -- has caused quite the stir since being revealed late last month, and now it has undergone a full review overseas. Put simply, the device does work as advertised, turning one's iPod touch into a device fully capable of making / receiving calls as well as texts. 'Course, you'll need to jailbreak your device first, and you'll have to deal with a static (read: impossible to adjust) call volume, quirky SMS delivery and blanked messages for missed calls, but hey -- a small price to pay for the upgrade, right? Hit the source link for the full skinny and a video to boot."
Apple Peel 520 gets reviewed: turns your iPod touch into an iPhone, but quirks exist -- Engadget

And it has just been announced that the Apple Peel will be available in white.

Reaction score
now how does this work with monthly charges and everything? And I am unsure how it truly works in that regard.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Thanks for the added link MmR ...
Still looking and waiting to find out where to buy one ;)
And wooooohooo i can have a white iPhone lol

As people know i wasnt really into JB and to use other Apps on my Touch, because my daily life doesnt take in the full capability of it, BUT now i think i will have to go that way .....
WOW i just want to try this thing

bargsbeer expect a PM in the future as i havnt even looked into JB ;P

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.