iMovie app Data Plan Question

Reaction score
I'm not good with numbers dealing with data so I had a question to ask about the iMovie app. I moved my data plan from unlimited to 2GB/month. If I were to buy this app and made a small movie, perhaps 1 or 2 minutes, and then try to email or MMS it over the 3G network, how much kb can I expect to use doing that? I like movie editing and want to play with this app but not if it takes practically a gig just to send a video. Thanks.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@lloydxmas,

Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

The app iMovie is very good and comprehensive. Sure, there is a learning curve, but Apple's own tutorials and numerous others on Youtube mean that constructing a simple no-fuss movie is easy.

When you have finished, there is a "share" function (far right on top menu bar; or via File) and the options include email.

Selecting email results in compression of the movie which cuts down significantly on the file size.

So, a 2 minute video would not eat into your 2GB/month limit to any appreciable degree.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@ Ian:

You responded to a five and half year old post. :eek:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@chscag

Thanks for that. It's so easy to do if you're not careful - I obviously wasn't! :Oops: Still, shows my enthusiasm:Mischievous:

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.