Macbook Pro Unibody A1286 Liquid damage help.

prg

Reaction score
I own a macbook pro A1286 which i got some liquid damage on however followed everything and took out battery and let it dry. Everything works except for the backlight for the LCD.

The damage only touched the bottom of screen and some keyboard, the motherboard did get touch by the liquid.

I can see the screen when put to a regular light, just the backlight is out.

Has anyone ever run into this issue and know what to do? Is it possible for the backlight to be replaced?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, I suggest your read our "Spills" sticky at the head of the forum.

Liquid spills are very unpredictable as to what damage they caused and will cause in the future. As for your backlight, it's hard to predict if the backlight was damaged or the associated circuitry. Changing the backlight is a very difficult repair job. The usual recommended repair is to change the entire display assembly. Also there's a possibility it may not be the backlight.

You might want to get some professional repair help either from an Apple store or an authorized Apple dealer. It's probably going to be an expensive repair.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.