Two mac sync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac, os x 10.4.11 (tiger)
Okay, me and my dad just bought iPhone 4's, unfortunately he is running tiger, I'm running snow leopard. So I decided to create a profile for him so he could play with his iPhone whilst he waited to get leopard. I named his profile and iPhone the same as I would have on his mac. When he gets leopard will he be able to sync to his mac for his photos and music or is his iPhone paired with my mac for life? Please help!?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
The following is completely theoretical; I don't have an iPhone, an I have never done this, however it should work.

You have two options;
1) When installing Leopard you can use the migration wizard which will copy the user folder across between the two Macs. You choose the users you want to send across and all will be fine and dandy; your Dad boots up his new install and gets the profile you set up for him.

2) You do it by hand, load the fresh install of OS X and then copy across the iPhoto and iTunes library. As long as you copy the iTunes folder across the iPhone should see it as the same library.

Please let me know how it goes.

OP
serisin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thedoc, when it comes to iPods does it not work like this:

1) you sync to one computer, ipod is now full of music and photos
2) you go to sync to another computer and it asks you if you want to empty the ipod?

If so that might also happen with the iphone and then we're safe!

Please, if anyone else has any info, or experience with this, please post!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
No worries. You can authorize up to 5 different computers for every iTunes account. So as long as your pop's Mac is authorized, after his OS upgrade he can just sync his phone to his comp like he usually would. No problems.

OP
serisin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a million willmeahl4! You just saved me a lot of worry, if that info is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt its validity!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.