Question about Selling an iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 1,1 2Ghz 2GB Ram 120GB HDD
So my uncle, after reading all the issues about the iPhone 4 wants to sell it. However, he had already ordered 2 of the 32gig Black versions. S

So now he wants to sell them.

He ordered it through AT&T over the phone. I believe the iPhone 4 he's got right now has micro-sim cards in them. My question is basically if he removes the micro-sim, he can sell his iPhone 4 right and anyone with AT&T can use it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Yes he can. But can I say that myself and the 20+ other people I know with iPhone 4's are having no problems. Okay if you squeeze the phone stupidly hard in the bottom left corner you loose 1/2 bars of signal. Thats not a problem, I'm pretty sure if you squeeze any product that hard its not gonna do it any good.

Keep the iPhone.

OP
arcticreaver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I told him that but he's a stubborn guy. So if I tell him to remove the micro-sim in his iPhone 4, he can sell it on eBay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes he can :)

Out of curiosity what phone is he gonna get?

OP
arcticreaver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He's going to stick with his iPhone 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
arcticreaver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay so does removing the mirco-sim allow him to sell it? Anyone know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes if he removes the micro sim he can sell it on eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Make sure he activates them first, The iPhone 4 must be activated the first time with the original micro sim, At least that's the issue I had with mine, I ended up having to contact the person I bought mine from and had to get the original micro sim back just to activate the phone, Then unlocked it.

OP
arcticreaver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So since my uncle wants to use his 3G and not the new iPhone 4, would he have to first activate the iPhone 4 with the micro-sim in it, then go to AT&T and say that he still wants to use his old 3G iPhone, thereby prompting AT&T to give him another SIM card and deactivating the micro sim. And then he can sell it?

Reaction score
yes, that is exactly what you should do. and he shouldn't be charged for a new sim card because the micro sim doesn't fit the 3G obviously. i have done this with at least 3 iPhone 4s (not sold them, but switched lines). obviously instead of putting the iPhone 4 on a different line, he should just sell it. then that person takes it in to the AT&T store and says they want to put the iPhone 4 on their line. done and done.

Yes he can. But can I say that myself and the 20+ other people I know with iPhone 4's are having no problems. Okay if you squeeze the phone stupidly hard in the bottom left corner you loose 1/2 bars of signal. Thats not a problem, I'm pretty sure if you squeeze any product that hard its not gonna do it any good.

Keep the iPhone.

as a side note, I do have the death grip problem and have had it on 3 iPhone 4s. i have not be squeezing it "stupidly hard" either. i literally cannot hold my phone to make a call when i'm in my house. i've lost at least 20 calls when holding the phone, and none when using speaker or my headset. but that's for another thread...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.