My New Macbook Pro Tax Free

Reaction score
We had a tax free weekend in NC this weekend. I stood in line at the local apple store Friday afternoon for 2 hours to pickup my new 17" Macbook Pro. I have used Macs before, so I was somewhat familiar with them, but I have to say I am amazed with this machine. The display is better than any HD TV I have ever seen. I love everthing about this machine, and haven't found anything I don't like. The only thing I want to change is the auto dimming of the screen after a minute or two. If anyone can tell me how to change a setting to fix this, please let me know. That drives me a bit batty, but I will survive. I can't imagine using anything else again. I still have several PCs and have no intentions of getting rid of them, but I will never go without a Mac ever again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums, and congratulations on your new purchase :)

Auto dimming:
Go to , system preferences, energy saver, and configure the settings there for battery and power adapter.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Congrats on the new machine.

Where 6string pointed you, you'll be looking to uncheck the "Automatically dim display..." That one got my goat too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Congrats on your new purchase!
Now, ask away!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.