mounting my digital camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
i have an easy share digital camera. It's kodak dx7440 camera. is there a way for me to mount the camera so i can get into it without using iphoto?

B

badmojo

I'd just get a card reader if I were you. It's bus powered and easier to use, imo. They mount normally, and you can preview all the pics.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
Can I do it without a card reader? Straight from my camera.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
section8joe said:
Can I do it without a card reader? Straight from my camera.

It seems to depend on the camera. All Sony's I have tried under OSX mount right on the desktop, Both of the HP's I have used did not, but have a setting under the USB config in one of the menus that allows it to mount on the desktop. Will check the HP and see what the setting is. Maybe your Kodak has that option also.

I normally use Iphoto but sometimes want to just go in and grab a pic. You can also use Image Capture. It will allow you to get one photo or select the photos to download to the computer.

Just checked, it's called Disk Drive mode. The HP's have a USB setting under the settings menu. One setting is Digital Camera, the other Disk Drive. If set to Disk Drive, the camera works normal but mounts the card as a drive on the OSX desktop. Check your Kodak. It could have the same setting. If not try the Image Capture like I mentioned above.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
i used image capture, and it worked. I would still like to know if there is a way for me to mount the camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.