iMovie file conversion for speed change help.

Reaction score
Hello.

I capture video gameplay with my HDPVR, and use iMovie to edit the videos. Sometimes I want to speed up a portion of the video, but can't, because in order to use iMovie to convert a 1 minute clip, I have to sit and wait around for hour or more.

My question is twofold: 1)Are there any free applications that will convert HD video to HD video? and 2) If no, how can I reduce the time iMovie needs to convert such files?

I can give specs out upon request (and guidance. I'm new to my MBP, so I'm just starting to learn how to find everything), and if needed, I can provide more information.

Thanks.
- Nardeko.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What format is the original video in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have they got the mp4 file extension?

OP
N
Reaction score
have they got the mp4 file extension?
I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean are the files named [filename].mp4? If that is what you mean, then yes, they have the mp4 extension. If not, could you explain, please? And I apologize for the lag in answers. I've been out all day job-hunting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.