Script for slideshow of images in folder of playing now track in iTunes?

Reaction score
Hi

I am wondering how easy it would be to write a script that would create a slideshow of images in the album folder of the track currently playing in iTunes. Because iTunes doesn't support the display of multiple artwork images I am looking for another method (I have a lot of albums with multiple images).

I would like to be able to view the images fullscreen on a secondary monitor whilst still having the ability to use my main monitor for other purposes (i.e. the main monitor wouldn't be blacked out).

In addition to this the following features would be nice, but not essential:

(i) the script to extract the length of the song playing and the number of images in the folder and from this work out how long to display one image so that each image is displayed once for an equal length of time.

(ii) to have some text with info on song - artist - album etc. below the images in white text on black background.

(iii) transitions between the slides

Would such a script be feasible, even if just to cover the basics?

Thanks

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.