• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Bloomberg chastising Jobs for Apple stores (circa 2001)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
It is a funny read now. This guy could not have been more wrong.

Screenshot2010-08-09at12815PM.png

BW Online | May 21, 2001 | Commentary: Sorry, Steve: Here's Why Apple Stores Won't Work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Gee.... Bloomberg being wrong about something. What a shocker. Don't get me started on that clown and his ridiculous sensitive pandering bleeding heart tactics. I can't stomach the jerk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It's easy to criticize a new approach. I could have failed, but the author never visited the store and saw how different Apples approach was compared to the old walk in and buy stores .

Help bars, internet access on all display models, and in store theatres for presentations and demos, it was a game changer - but hard to foresee whether it was going to be a success or failure at the time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
While it can be easy to criticize new approaches, the way they try to talk, as if they are the experts at telling the future or something, just disgusts me! In reality, those stores will either do good or bad, a 50/50 chance. He could have simply said he would slide towards them failing, but he specific things as if he actually knows the future. That's why I don't pay attention to any of these people who like to give advice on future investments. On a 50/50 chance, you will be right sooner or later. Guess he probably choked on his words a couple times.

I wonder what he has to say about the microsoft stores?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.