FTP Problem

Reaction score
Hi There
I have a client overseas who requires me to have an FTP site to load files on too. i have downloaded cyberduck and typed my ftp login details from my domain name and also my username and password but connection failed. is there an easier way i just need to use it once every 3 months

Reaction score
To be honest, I normally use Transmit or Filezilla to FTP into our storage servers, but you also hit Command+K from the desktop or finder window or from finder goto Go>Connect to server... and then FTP into server and see if that works. (you can also doit from safari too, you just have to make sure you use ftp://yourdomain.com OR ftp://your.ip.address)

In the server address type in ftp://yourdomain.com and hit connect, and then it should ask you for your username and password. See if that helps, or if that gives a error message too...

also If you want to use cyberduck make sure you have a username and password are correct, and then also make sure the port number is correct, default should be 21 but, like out company, for internal employees its changed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.