I need a help with vmware fusion 3.0

Reaction score
Good Evening,

Last month I have installed vmware fusion 3.0 and after that, Windows XP. Everthing was ok but , suddenly, when I tried a boot, this message appeared to me:
"Windows XP Professional.vmwarevm/Windows XP Professional.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on"

I'm in trouble because I my outlook messages were in outlook.pst and I can't recover it.
Every time I try do boot my Vmware snapshot, I receive this message:

File absent or corrupted: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance
Mauro Guimaraes

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Did you do anything interesting the last time you had booted up the VM? Do any updates? Install anything new? Looks like something has either corrupted the Windows installation or the VMWare Fusion file was screwed up somehow..

Regards

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm still in trouble...

Yes,

I was looking for a site like just.tv to look a football session, when i received the great "blue Window", and after that, i never could access my data anymore.

I can access directories, mounting the vmware file with the option "Open with VMDKMounter.app".
This way, I can access some information but I need "recover" the installation. Is it possible?

There are any tools to help me?
Best regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
File absent or corrupted: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.

Unfortunately, that file is a part and makeup of the Windows XP registry. Which pretty much means that Windows XP will not be able to boot or startup.

Do you by chance have a good backup snapshot of your Windows XP VM? Fusion will usually ask if you wish to make a backup. If you have a backup snapshot it's possible to recover from that. See the following Fusion KB article regarding snapshots. Perhaps it can offer some help. LINK

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
If you can still access the directories then your Outlook PST file should be located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.