Internet on my Macbook Pro is slow and laggy.

Reaction score
I got my 13-inch MacBook Pro back in May. I always used Firefox, so I downloaded firefox.
Recently, I've noticed that on Firefox, the internet tends to get slow. There will be a lag time when I scroll, when I type, when I click links, copy and paste, etc etc. The spinning rainbow will appear in place of the cursor sometimes too. It's very irritating. I've also noticed this does not happen on Safari.
Also, I have the Google Toolbar popup blocker, and the Firefox popup blocker is also activated, but I still get tons of popups. This doesn't happen on my PC (which also doesn't exhibit lag time.)
Is there a way to correct the lag time and to stop the popups?

Reaction score
Maybe the fact you have both Google & Firefox popup blockers working at the same might be the reason you are still getting popups.
They probably are canceling each other out and quite possibly causing the slow running you describe.

Shut one of them down for a while and start surfing and see what happens.

Good luck.

Cya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66GHz, 4-GB DDR3, 500-GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Try using Safari. Safari much better than firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.