Can't get Mobile Terminal to run on my iP4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I jailbroke my iP4 yesterday and want to start downloading some of the awesome utilities available, but the first thing I want to do is change my root password. I downloaded Mobile Terminal from Cydia but for someone reason when I tap the app it opens and immediately closes. I've downloaded it 3 times with the same problem, restarting between each download and delete just in case.

Anyone know how I can get this app working, or know of another way to change my root password? I think I can connect through my Mac and change it, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can install SSH on your iPhone, remote into your iPhone and change the root password that way.

As for why MT is crashing, I can't help you that way. I don't know how JB apps log errors either.

Reaction score
The app in Cydia probably hasn't been updated for iOS 4 yet. There is an unofficial release of MobileTerminal 4.26 here which you can download as a .deb file and install manually. Works fine for me. Or you could just wait until they release it on Cydia.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.