SAMSUNG 160GB HM160HC Internal Drive Compatible with Powerbook G4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Hello, I was just wanting to know before I buy it if the Samsung HM160HC Internal Hard Drive is compatible with my Powerbook G4 (Model# A1106) Aluminum before I purchase it. I will be using it as a replacement drive since the original one has failed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It should be ok.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Good I hope so!

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Here's a pic of the drive that was in the Powerbook G4 just took a snapshot of it just so you can actually see now what it looks like and compare it with that link I provided earlier looks like everything matches and should work though.

fdhjcn.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
I already ordered the Samsung but if it does not work for some reason, Im hoping they will be able to take it back with a full refund. Do you know if Amazon is good about that type of stuff or not? I'm kinda wondering now if I should have ordered a drive that is more well known to work on the Powerbooks but Im hoping and praying this will all work out ok, trying not to worry about it too much. I just hope its stable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've never used Amazon, because their shipping and Tax to Australia somehow exceeds the costs of the items that I am purchasing.
I was going to purchase the speck case for my MBP US$29.99.
Check this out LOL :D

As you can guess, I chose not to go with Amazon :)

I would have gone with OWC or NewEgg, but I'm sure that there will be no problems, as many people on this Forum in the States purchase items on Amazon without any dramas.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Oh wow, thats crazy! Yea I think all will be ok. I actually brought the drive into Best Buy today (a store here in the US that sells mainly electronic stuff) and asked one of the people there that works in the mac section if they could match that kinda drive for me and they didn't have any that would and I told her I was looking at one on amazon and she recommended that I don't go through them but recommended I check out Newegg like you said. But the deal on Amazon was the best deal I could find so thats why I went with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hopefully it all works out, and your PB gets going once you install it and reinstall Leopard again.
Just remember, you'll need to boot off your Leopard disc when you get it, and format it through disc utility which you'll get to in the menu bar after you select the language.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Yea, I actually was trying to do a temporary fix by making an external USB drive bootable with the Leopard OS on it but it wouldn't work, tried everything :-(

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Well the Drive is now installed and running Leopard on it but it appears to be a little bit slower for some reason? Do you know if Samsung is known to be a little slow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sorry just saw your post. Suggest doing a Google on 'Samsung slow HDD' as there are many reports on Samsung generally being a slow drive regardless if one uses Windows or a Mac.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Oh man that sucks, I hope its not slower than the drive that was in there originally the Hitachi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.