Powerbook G4 Not Booting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
I have a Powerbook G4 15" and I could not get it to boot, all I would get to is the apple logo without the spinning gear so I tried booting it off the leopard disc which it booted off perfectly fine. Once I was booted off the disc I went under Disk Utility and saw that the internal drive was no longer listed but after a few minutes it appeared and it appeared as if the drive was just installed with no information on it at all so I tried to reformat it to Mac OS Journaled and when I did the computer froze and gave me the kernel panic screen which looks like this http://shrt.st/kks does this mean that the hard drive is corrupt or shot out? The computer is probably about 5 or 6 years old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Unfortunately, it sounds as if your internal HD has crossed over to the other side :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I'll second that. Time for a new drive I'm afraid.

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Wow yours too huh? Bummer. How are you running Snow Leopard on your Powerbook? I thought Snow Leopard was Intel only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
How are you running Snow Leopard on your Powerbook? I thought Snow Leopard was Intel only.
He's running SL on his iMac, and Leopard on his PB ;P

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Oh, didn't see the iMac part on his description, my bad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.