ipod touch 2nd gen: H2O damage, white screen, but works?

Reaction score
Hey all,
So my daughter dumped an entire cup of fruit punch in my purse, where my precious ipod was. I was lucky, my phone and camera were fine, but my poor ipod took a hit.

Here's the deal. I did the rice trick. It powers on but there's only a white screen. I can even navigate my way through it, open apps, etc. All blindly of course. I did all the resetting, restoring, etc. But no go.

I replaced the LCD screen, and nothing has changed.

Any other ideas what might cause the white screen but still allow it to function otherwise? Even the wifi works, because I still can hear my email alerts come in!

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
The most likely cause is that it has damaged some of the circuitry. I broke my 1st generation iPod Touch and contacted Apple Care. What they do is have you send them your broken unit along with $199.00 and they send you a refurbished unit. To heck with that! Even though my 1st generation iPod was 16gb, I went out and bought a brand new 2nd generation 8gb iPod for the same amount of money. Its up to you!

OP
B
Reaction score
I ended up purchasing a used 2nd gen ipod to replace it, but I just can't seem to accept that mine is dead. It's like it's in a coma... I know it's in there, I just can't get to it!! I wish it wasn't working at all so I could stop holding out hope and move on, ha ha!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.