• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help!!!! eBay Iphone Scam!!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I bought an iphone 3G 8GB off Ebay around a month ago.

I never received it, so I contacted the seller... No response. So I looked at the recent feedback and just yesterday two other buyers bought the ''same'' Iphone - they also never showed up! It was the same item description and photos!

I won't name the sellers name.. but BEWARE !!!

What do I do?

Please Help
Thanks

Joe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sad that this still happens ..... What is happening to the human race .... feel for your lose :(

But on the subject : How did you pay for the item ?? If through PayPal. make a claim with them disputing you never received paid for iPhone. You can also try Ebay themselves but ATM PayPal is your best option for the moment.

Dont rush it take it one step at a time and always be courteous in email exchanges with them :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
eBay & iPhone = Crapshoot

Why in the he11 wouldn't you name the seller? That does no one any good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
eBay & iPhone = Crapshoot

Why in the he11 wouldn't you name the seller? That does no one any good.

+1 Name the seller.

Personally would never buy an iPhone off Feebay again. But I understand it's some peoples only option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
I would posting the sellers name or eBay id everywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
+1 Name the seller.

Personally would never buy an iPhone off Feebay again. But I understand it's some peoples only option.

i totally agree..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
i totally agree..

I also agree. The more this scammer's name is posted around the interwebs the better chance we all have to avoid from buying from him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I just got burned on an iPhone 4 myself. Not related to this thread but we have to be careful. The person nabbed the money, transferred it to their bank, canceled ebay and paypal accounts. Tried to file claim. Nothing. Paypal won't and can't do anything about it now the money is gone and the account no longer exists.

Out of $450 bucks. Totally stinks big time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Did you pay with a credit card through PayPal? You can dispute the charge with your card company still.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
This is why I no longer do online transactions for big ticket items. Take a look at Craigslist I know my local CL has literally hundreds of iPhones and Apple products for sale. Pay cash in person, No shipping, No Feebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.