Macbook pro w/ bootcamp videocard issue

Reaction score
I installed bootcamp and put Windows7 on my macbook pro, i then installed WoW but when i go to play it says failed to find suitible display device.

I am assuming that windows isnt reading my video card, and im not farmiliar with windows 7 and cant figure out how to update my video driver to make it compatible. anyone have some suggestions?

OP
U
Reaction score
I installed bootcamp and put Windows7 on my macbook pro, i then installed WoW but when i go to play it says failed to find suitible display device.

I am assuming that windows isnt reading my video card, and im not farmiliar with windows 7 and cant figure out how to update my video driver to make it compatible. anyone have some suggestions?

Reaction score
Did you put your Snow Leopard disk in after installing Windows under Boot Camp? That's where the drivers are. Try that first. Next, make sure you have Boot Camp v. 3.1 installed - you can download it from Apple support (either 32 or 64 bit, depending on which Win7 you installed). BC 3.1 is a windows executable so download and install from within Windows. That will update the drivers.

You didn't tell us the details of your MBP, but if those don't help, you can come back and get more help. Sometimes you may need to install the laptop version of your video driver, depending on your graphics subsystem and MBP model.

Good luck

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

How about some more info? What year model MBP do you have? Which video card is it using? (Use your System Profiler to find out.)

Which version of OS X are you running and the Boot Camp version?

Regards.

OP
U
Reaction score
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B05

Sudden Motion Sensor:

OP
U
Reaction score
What do you mean did i put in my snow leopard disk after installing windows?

my MCP came with 2 disks, one is the OS X(im assuming OS X is snow leopard) and the other is applications, which one contains the drivers?

I didnt put in any disks after installing Windows 7 so i guess i havnt installed my drivers, but isnt there a way i can just get them off the internet anyway?

And how do i check to find out what video card i am running, i know is a Gforce but im not sure which model

OP
U
Reaction score
I have found the drivers on Gforce.com and im downloading them, i hope this works :)

OP
U
Reaction score
Alright i installed the drivers to my macbook in windows for the video card i have, i used the windows download obviously while in windows but i still cant play and it doesnt seem to be coming up on my video drivers, any thoughts

Reaction score

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To unosnow:

Two Things of note for you:

1. Do not post twice. You even replied to the first post but then went ahead and posted the same question again.

2. It's obvious you have not read the Boot Camp Assistant instructions. Even after Sammy advised you to use your Snow Leopard disk to update the drivers you still went ahead and downloaded drivers off the net. (which do not work)

Please abide by the forum rules with regard to posting. And if you refuse to follow good advice, no one is going to be willing to assist you any further.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.