Question on mac book MB062LL/a (Max Memory allowed?)

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a Mac Book from Mid 2007. It has the Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.16ghz. I was wondering, apple's website states that the max memory is 2GB of ram

MacBook (Mid 2007) - Technical Specifications

but here.....

is there a memory limit on my macbook? - Mac Forums

.......It sounds like if you have a core 2 duo you can install 4 Gb but it will only run at 3.3.

I am thinking of upgrading my Ram and I just wondered if anyone could verify that I can install the 4GB of Ram, even if it only delivers 3.3 I would be happy to get that extra 1.3's performance. Anybody know?

I guess to restate my question, Will my computer boot up with 4GB of ram and will it actually give me more performance then just installing 2Gb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
It will work, but do you need it?
Your first question should be are you utilising the RAM you already have?
If you only have 1GB which I'm guessing you do, 2GB is a good idea, and if you are going to upgrade, at the cost of RAM now days, you may as well go all the way and get the 4GB, even though it can only utilise that 3.3GB of it as you already discovered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
PS. You will see in activity monitor how much you are using, but if everything is running fine, as the saying goes..... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply! I do have 1Gb currently. My computer slows down especially when running parallels and windows xp. Also at other times when to many programs are open it can really bog down. It seems like when It gets into the bogged down mode that all that can be done is let it set for a while, I usually try to immediately close down some programs but it churns for a while before becoming its normal responsive self.

I say all that to ask this next question, Would adding more RAM help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
L
Reaction score
I was going to purchase the ram either

here

Buy.com - Kingston 2GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory Module

or here

NEW Crucial 4GB kit 200-pin SODIMM DDR2 PC2-6400 Mem... - eBay (item 400038462734 end time Aug-12-10 11:38:22 PDT)

or here

CT25664AC667 - 2GB, 200-pin SODIMM , DDR2 PC2-5300 from Crucial.comUS

or I did find one with a 800mhz spec but I assume that isn't compatible.

CT25664AC800 - 2GB, 200-pin SODIMM , DDR2 PC2-6400 from Crucial.comUS

Any thoughts? I realize I need the 200 pin and a max of 2gb but beyond that I don't know which specs are compatible.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you tried working your way through this assistant MyOWC at OtherWorldComputing.com? After you answer a few questions about your machine it will present those chips that are compatible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Better off going with matched RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.