MacBook Pro Battery issues

Reaction score
Hey, i just got a new macbook pro 13 inch, and i'm really concerned about its battery, because i did all the charging/calibrating under the instructions given in the apple site, but somehow iStats and coconutbattery shows me that my battery is dyeing pretty fast. after 10 cycles it was showing 94% of battery life, now i calibrated it again like i did the first time and it has risen to 95%, and hour after using it raised again to 96%. So i want to ask those who has these newly updated macbooks, is it a normal thing, and my battery is just messing around while it's new, or should i start worrying about it? I mean, i thought that this will be a highly trusted product, coz i always was a pc user and it's my first mac, but after i saw these numbers messin' around, i got a little worried. Thank you for your answers in advance (;

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Call Apple, and see what they say. You might have gotten a defective battery.

OP
J
Reaction score
Call Apple, and see what they say. You might have gotten a defective battery.

i can do it at any time, but first i want to know if anyone had the same thing. maybe later it jumped back to 100% or 99%, because while new this battery can be messing around with the numbers. i don't want to run into apple without being sure, coz i have a very little time and i'm pretty sure that if i give them a call, they will ask me to come over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Just give it a little time... the batteries can sometimes take a little time to get to maximum capacity.
In saying that, if you call Apple, and at least start a case file, then if it doesn't improve, it sort of gets the ball rolling for if it needs to be replaced. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Keep using the machine as you're currently doing, and keep following Apple's instructions for the care of the battery. If the battery life is draining away faster than normal or any unusual problems with it occur, contact Apple and make an appointment for them to look at it. If the battery turns out to be defective or marginal, Apple will replace it free of charge.

Regards.

Reaction score
Keep an eye on your warranty

Don't let something like this go on past your warranty date. Personally, I would give it some time, but definitely have it looked at while you are still in the warranty period. You will regret it if you let your warranty run out and your battery really starts acting up afterwards. Who knows, you could have a charger issue or worse something in the Mac.

OP
J
Reaction score
Don't let something like this go on past your warranty date. Personally, I would give it some time, but definitely have it looked at while you are still in the warranty period. You will regret it if you let your warranty run out and your battery really starts acting up afterwards. Who knows, you could have a charger issue or worse something in the Mac.

well, now i won't. coz after 12 cycles it degreased to 90% and that's hilarious!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
These things happen.... there is always going to be room for something defective, regardless of the company or the product.
Just get onto Apple and get it sorted!
Luckily you have a product from someone with good customer support :)

Reaction score
Hi,
I am facing a similar issue as you.
however, apple could not solve my problem.
i sent it to their authorize service centre, but all they tell me there is nothing wrong and wants me to call up apple.
when i call them, they told me to reformat the whole mac to ensure it is not the software that is causing the problem.
i did what they told me, however the problem still persist.
now, they want me to bring it down to their service centre again for troubleshooting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.