NTFS Formatted external harddrive

Reg

Reaction score
I have a NTFS formatted external hard drive (so ive been told :p) connected to a home pc with lots of files on it created by the pc.

Will i be able to transfer them to my macbook pro without data loss. Im not looking to write files to the external harddrive just copy them over to my mac without loss of data

is this just a dream or is it possible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66GHz Quad-Core 8GB, Radeon 4870 * MacBook Pro 17" 3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram * 64GB 3G iPad
Try this:

NTFS-3G at Tuxera

I use it and it works fine. It will read your drive but Windows only files will remain "Windows Only" in terms of functionality.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
If you want to just be able to read the drive, then you don't even need to use a special driver like NTFS-3G posted above. Mac OS has NTFS-read capability.

To write to the drive you can either use NTFS-3G or I would recommend NTFS-Mounter or Paragon NTFS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010) 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Macintosh HD ATI Radeon HD 5670
Does read also mean drag and drop to the MAC from the NTFS drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.