constant static from ipod touch

Reaction score
Static has suddenly began coming from all audio from my ipod touch. Nothing has happened to it, and i've tried different headphones, different speakers, and even the built in speaker has static. I have also tried restoring it. the static sometimes dies down and gets louder. Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Same here and water droplets?

I had the same problem start last night. Whether it was plugged into our Memorex docking station, our car radio adapter or playing through its built-in speaker, we got this horrible static. I updated to 4.1 , but that didn't fix anything. It works fine otherwise, just that horrible static comes in intermittently. The headphone jack sensor is white, but it did stay in the car overnight and North Carolina nights still get a little sticky. Any ideas, suggestions? Also, I bought this at Wal-Mart last year and didn't buy a service plan, does Apple have a warranty so I can maybe get it fixed at minimal or no cost at an Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
You're sure it isn't because the music was ripped from scratched CDs?

If you're not 100% sure, try re-ripping a song or two with the 'error correction' box checked in iTunes preferences.

Reaction score
Static

It's any sound, be it songs, YouTube videos, anything that makes a sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Try shutting down the wifi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.