-hi, i need help on a very strange error

Reaction score
hi, I'm pedro from portugal, im a little worried about my mac.

i have a imac 27inch intel based, and i have tried install windows vista with bootcamp and everything has done well.

but now i have a copy of windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) and i have tried to install it.

i did this:

i went to boot camp assistant and remove the old partition and create a new one, next run the installation and everything goes well. when windows is installed and it will start up for the first time, after apperaring the windows logo the screen goes all black and nothing happens.

i really need help because i just tried with 2 windows more than five times and it went wrong all the time.

can you help me please?

what i need?

thanks very much and sorry for my english. i really need your help because im desperate around my imac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You could have installed your copy of Windows 7 over the top of Vista as an update instead of removing it and then creating a new partition.

It appears that you have a corrupt installation of Windows 7. You can do one of two things: Reinstall Windows 7 or try to repair it. I suggest trying to repair it first. Follow the instructions given here.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Windows 7.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.