MacPro Heat Problem

Reaction score
I am using a MacBook Pro (bought July 2009). For some reasons, my laptop is pretty hot (I don't know the exact tempt but the bottom part is very hot when I touch it). Is it normal ? If not, what might be the problems and how do I fix them ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I bet it's normal. Download "temp monitor" & install it:

Temperature Monitor: Description

If your temp is below 90°C...you're fine (hot...but fine).:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to what Nick advised, buy a good notebook stand to use while at home. A notebook stand can help to allow air to circulate under and around your machine and has the additional benefit of protection against deadly spills.

Regards.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...and has the additional benefit of protection against deadly spills.

Good one!!! I'm confident that we would have far fewer "I spilled liquid on my laptop threads"...if the laptop was on a stand of some sort.

But I'm guilty...90% of the time my "notebook" computer...is on my lap!;) But then I'm not eating or drinking liquids around my laptop.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.