crashed powerbook g4

Reaction score
my powerbook g4 hardrive has crashed so i took it out of the laptop and have it connected to an sata/ide usb cable. the issue is that the hardrive wont mount onto my new macbook pro and i cant load using the T command becasue it is looking for a firewire. I heard about using DD in darwin to resolve this? I have no idea of the syntax needed to code for in terminal. Please let me know your thoughts i would really like to recover my lost data! Either using unix or any other ticks someone might have! Thank you so much!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
my powerbook g4 hardrive has crashed so i took it out of the laptop and have it connected to an sata/ide usb cable. the issue is that the hardrive wont mount onto my new macbook pro...

If your hard drive has crashed...it's crashed. A broke hard drive is a broke hard drive no matter what you connect it to.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.