Buttons disappeared on Macbook?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm sort of a new Mac user (about 9 months, i do like to consider it my child haha), and I am having an issue. My friend has that Cloak App that changes the colours on your mac screens, and I downloaded it to give it a try. I went to change the colour and nothing happened, except what's on all my buttons has disappeared. The buttons themselves are still there, it's just that what's on them is gone, so I have no idea what any of the buttons are for. I also can't see file names until i click on them and the preview comes up. I have tried using Cloak to set my mac colours back to normal, but nothing fixed.
Any help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Welcome to M-F!
Post a link to the application please? Or a better description on what it does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
We can get Cloak HERE McYukon :)
But im looking at it and the App description is About Cloak
A simple interface that makes it easy to hide and unhide files and folders using two standard methods: The dot-prefix, and a special finder attribute.
I dont see any *changing colours" mentioned in it and it might be the reason the OP is having difficulty finding his files ..... It is a "FILE HIDER" as such.
So yea to the OP link us to the .v of Cloak you downloaded :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I know about that Cloak, the thing that threw me was this "I went to change the colour and nothing happened, except what's on all my buttons has disappeared. "

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey guys! this is the app
Download Cloak 1.0 Free - Customize the looks of your Mac - Softpedia

Basically I went to change it to look pink (I think, just to see if it was cheap or not!) and everything stayed gray, except the little black icons that are usually on top of the buttons (ie, back and forward pages on websites, file names, changing the look of how youre viewing files) just disappeared, so now they are just gray boxes. :(

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, that… erm, unless you want lots of problems with your Mac I would stay far, far, far away from all those applications that restyle your Macs appearance.

OP
T
Reaction score
Okay i tried that and its still the same.. I emptied my whole trash can too. Is rebooting the same as restarting? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Since you friend is to blame that you have this problem ;)
Ask him if he knows how to get rid of it.

Have you tried using the "Original" theme in Cloak?
And what operating system version do you have? Apple Menu, "About This Mac"

Rebooting is the same as restarting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay i tried that and its still the same.. I emptied my whole trash can too. Is rebooting the same as restarting? :(

Ahhh ok well there might be another thing from trashing it ....
Maybe try repairing permissions via Disk Utility

and see what it brings up !!!!!

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
Hey again guys - i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with this disk utility thing. I'm a bit technologically challenged...
also I have mac os x ver. 10.6.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.