iCal will not sync with iPad

Reaction score
Up until the other day everything was working fine. I have a Mobile Me account and have my data synced with my desktop laptop iPhone and iPad. Then all of a sudden iCal would no longer sync on my iPad. Works fine on all the other devices.

I deleted my account from my iPad and added it again (several times) did a restore from previous backup, then a restore as a new device and nothing. It will just not sync my calendar.

Contacts, email, etc show up on the iPad just fine, just not the calendar.

Yes the calendar is checked in the sync field.

I have even removed the mobile me account from the other devices and started fresh and still nothing.

The only thing I can think of is it seems to have started shortly after I accepted the beta of the new Mobile Me.

Anyone else having any issues with this and found a resolution? iCal is one of the main functions I use my iPad for.

C

chas_m

There's a function in iTunes -- scroll way down the "Info" tab when you have the iPad connected -- that says something like "force sync to this computer."

Hang on -- now I've gotta go look at it -- ah here we go:

Advanced:
"Replace Information on this {iphone/ipod/ipod touch/ipad}" -> Calendars

This is a one-way (computer to device) force sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
C

chas_m

Good call guys. I totally missed that connection. See, I come here to learn stuff too! :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Awesome guys, thanks for the help. I just switched back to the non beta and it fixed everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.