"Mathtype Equation" Absent from Pages...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.6 Intel i5 w/ 4MB L3 cache, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5670 ---- 16 GB iPad w/ 3G
Ok so I finally got my iMac in the mail, and upon trying to setup Pages for school, Ive noticed the advertised Mathtype Equation isnt here...... Ive search everything but can't find it. It was installed in the stores, so why isnt it here? Its even listed as a feature on Apple's Pages webpage. Can anyone lead me on here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.6 Intel i5 w/ 4MB L3 cache, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5670 ---- 16 GB iPad w/ 3G
what?!?! those **** associates at the store didnt tell me that...... I talked with them for 10 minutes about just that, and they never said ****. They coulda at least mentioned it being as it seems as a installed come-with feature because its on all of the store comps. Well theres no way I can pay $100 for that.... pretty big deal breaker there on iWorks..... HUGE misstep by Apple. How the **** can you NOT have at least a simple equation editor built int....

Any alternatives anyone knows about?

Reaction score
Mathtype for Mac runs $57 (academic) and $37 (upgrade academic). Not so bad for a solid program.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not horrendous, no, but still far and away an incredible annoyance for something that was implied to you that came with Pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
@ZoSo0789
So Mac OS is also a deal breaker because Aperture doesn't come with it?
And lets be honest, how many people would need it bundled with Mac? Students and teachers, all the rest wouldn't need it.
If it would come with Mac, you would be paying extra, The only difference then is that you don't see it listed in the invoice.

Reaction score
@ZoSo0789
And lets be honest, how many people would need it bundled with Mac? Students and teachers, all the rest wouldn't need it.
If it would come with Mac, you would be paying extra, The only difference then is that you don't see it listed in the invoice.

Just use the free version of Photoshop tucked into every Mac...

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ZoSo0789

No, Aperture is a different all together software; it comes with iPhoto standard which is fine. If Pages came with at least a simply equation typing interface, thatd be fine as well, but it comes with absolutely nothing. I was under the complete impression from the associates at the store that Mathtype was simply the equation typing feature within Pages just as Equation Editor is the equation typing feature in Word.

Reaction score
No, Aperture is a different all together software; it comes with iPhoto standard which is fine. If Pages came with at least a simply equation typing interface, thatd be fine as well, but it comes with absolutely nothing. I was under the complete impression from the associates at the store that Mathtype was simply the equation typing feature within Pages just as Equation Editor is the equation typing feature in Word.

Word comes with Macs, right??!

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Word comes with Macs, right??!

where did I say this? Sorry that for my first time using Macs, I would assume the word processors would be pretty comparable in features just as Keynote to Powerpoint and Numbers to Excel are. I apologize Im not as well versed in Apple programs as you guys are.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.