Cannot see video in web pages

Reaction score
I have a MBP Running Snow leopard (all updates current)

For the last several weeks/months I haven't been able to see imbedded videos in many webpages (such as ustream.tv)

All I see is the black box where the video should play but no video- no controls NOTHING!

I have tried safari/firefox/chrome non work for me. What have I done wrong???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That site uses Flash to display video (and it's really slow to do so too). Make sure your Flash Player is up to date:

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

Also, don't cross-post. I've removed your other thread on this topic.

OP
P
Reaction score
CWA,

I apologize for the cross-posting I thought the other might have been in the wrong place.

One of the first things i did was update my flash player, i did again just for giggles but it still doesn't work for me...????

OP
P
Reaction score
I installed a fresh copy of Perian, to no avail, I'll try a fresh cop of flip for Mac too

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The site you referenced above definitely uses Flash. My guess is that something is borked with your Flash install. Create a new account for testing purposes. Then, log into that account and try Safari using the temporary account. This will help us determine whether the issue is related to your browser/plug-in settings or your entire machine and/or Internet connection.

Also, be sure to test with a site like YouTube and see if the problem persists. This will help us narrow it down to that specific site or Flash video in general.

OP
P
Reaction score
The other account is working but not this one...

I created another account and it works

I appreciate any help y'all can come up with!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.