Should I get an iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
I went to get one on Friday(released day) but the guy in front on me got the last 2. Now almost a week on I read that there is a possibility of a iPhone 5 in January. So is it worth the wait? Or do I get my first iPhone?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I went to get one on Friday(released day) but the guy in front on me got the last 2. Now almost a week on I read that there is a possibility of a iPhone 5 in January. So is it worth the wait? Or do I get my first iPhone?

Get the device you need when you need it and don't worry about what's coming down the pike, especially with Apple, since they tend to be so secretive. I don't believe we'll see another iPhone for at least the next 10 months. If you don't need it right now, by all means wait it out.

But honestly, if you're always waiting for the next "big thing" in tech, you'll wait forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
Get one now. The next iPhone wont be released untill next June/July. Not January.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
But honestly, if you're always waiting for the next "big thing" in tech, you'll wait forever.

This is so very true, Also you have to decide will the iPhone suit your needs?

C

chas_m

iPhone 5 in January?!

Who put that out there, the National Enquirer?

Oh man, I needed a good belly laugh. Hilarious.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There's been a new iPhone every June/July so far since 2007..and there's no doubt there'll be one released every June/July for the forseeable future..will the next iPhone be better than the existing versions? No doubt, technology is always evolving and Apple will continue it's trend of that with the iPhone..

If you like the iPhone 4, but all means buy it..don't worry that much about future versions of a device..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
Selling out the 16-gigs

If I were you, I'd wait until the 64 GB version of iPhone 4 is out, most likely around Christmas. The iPod Touch has had 64 GB for nearly a year, next generation (release in Sept?) will more likely than not come with 128 GB. How long do you think it will take until Apple releases a 64 GB iPhone? The only reason they haven't done it yet is that they have more than 9000 drives of 16 GB which they want to get rid of first. A friend of mine stood in line for the iPhone 4 and got only 16 GB. Out of 160+ phones in the store, only 7 (seven!!) had 32 GB—the rest of them came with 16 GB. *** was that?

C

chas_m

If I were you, I'd wait until the 64 GB version of iPhone 4 is out, most likely around Christmas.

This flatly isn't going to happen. The iPhone 4 available now is the one that will be available at Christmas, and in January for that matter.

The only reason they haven't done it yet is that they have more than 9000 drives of 16 GB which they want to get rid of first.

Uh, no -- and selling 9000 iPhones will take them less time than it takes me to type this post. And I'm a pretty fast typist. :)

The reason iPod Touches have more storage options than iPhones is that people who buy iPhones aren't *primarily* buying them because they are iPods, they are *primarily* buying them because its a phone. So the iPod "side" of the iPhone 4 is less important than it is on an iPod Touch.

Also, the iPod Touch attracts a generally younger demographic, who care much more about storing music (playing games, leaving idiotic comments on the App Store, etc) than iPhone owners (generally speaking).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
Isn't going to happen? Apple doubled the storage capacity of the 1st gen iPhone less than 3 months after release. You think they won't do that again?

The iPhone 5 will be released in June/July, but this doesn't mean there won't be improvements of the iPhone 4. Capisce?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
It's all up to you, regardless if you ask me the iPhone 4 is worth every bit of money I spent. Great phone, and the design is amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
The only reason they haven't done it yet is that they have more than 9000 drives of 16 GB which they want to get rid of first.

Over 9000!?!?!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
I think I'll get one, I hope that there is a shipment soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.